Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Leggings For The Summer


Usually I think of leggings as something you'd wear
only during the fall. But as I was browsing the Next,
I couldn't help but change my mind. You can wear
leggings anytime!

Unlike skinny jeans(which I thoroughly avoid), leggings
are perfect to wear during the summer, either as pants
or under mini skirts and dresses. Black is always the
preferred shade, but colored leggings are wearable too
(as long as you stay away from floral printed leggings!)
Here are a few more tips!

If you're wearing leggings as pants, please wear a
tunic or some other billowy blouse. It looks much more
flattering and balanced.


If you're a little on the short side and you're
wearing cropped leggings, trade flats for wedges or
even heels to add a little height.


All the clothes shown above are available at Next.
Unfortunatly I can't shop here, but I will be on
the lookout for leggings!

7 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

I like the look of leggings under a minidress or skirt - cute selections here!

xoxox,
CC

Fabuless Beauty said...

Yes, everyone should follow that advice that when wearing leggings, please wear a blouse that covers your bottom! hehe.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-agreed, leggings have always been a favourite of mine, a very versatile item-a great post!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I love the look of heels with leggings and a long top =] Its so comfortable in the summer!

Bisous,
La C.

Sarah Peel said...

Leggings are good, but you should always wear something over them!

Marian said...

love leggings, they are so versatile and great for layering.
muah x
marian

S.Page said...

so GLAD that I find this blog! I really didnt wanna put my leggings up this summer! their a staple in my closet!